Tuesday, June 4, 2013

{Tonight is the night dreams come true}

Tonight is the night dreams come true. Well maybe not exactly, but I am getting my feet wet. Tonight I am doing my first ever open mic night. I can't believe how quickly this whole thing even happened. I got introduced to some people and they put together this open mic night. We found a cover to do and practiced twice! ....And now here we are, the day has finally come!
I would be lying if I didn't say I wasn't nervous. But the husband says a little nerves is good, it keeps you humble! It's not my first time singing in public. I've been doing this for years! But years in between too. The last time I actually sung with a band was about 8 whole years ago {pictures below} I was 18 and wrote a song with these guys called "Craving Addiction" they invited me to play this show with them back in California. 

So if you know me at all you know my routine. 
Listen to song about 80 million times in a row. 
Drink twice that many cups of tea
Don't talk
As showtime gets closer listen to fast, upbeat songs to get pumped up
If I have time watch some Selena to get in the performing mood
and last but not least, pray to God I don't screw up, or mess up the words.


I am hoping to get some video and lots of pictures tonight to share with all of you!
And If you are in the area come see me, support me, cheer me on at 

Ryles Jazz Club
Cambridge Ma

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig